Baby Shower Ideas for the Garden Tea Party Hostess
What better way to celebrate the arrival of new life than having a Garden Tea Party for your special event? Set in the backdrop of Mother Nature herself, she is as organic as the tea you will serve.
New Moms will love the elegance and serene surroundings a garden tea party provides. This is the perfect setting for an intimate gathering at a time when the mom-to-be may be overwhelmed and a little stressed with the final months ahead. As hostess you can pacify those anxious thoughts with a peaceful atmosphere and a cup of soothing tea.
Coming up with decorative ideas for this time honored tradition is not a difficult task. As your backyard may provide much in the way of décor, adding a few additional accents will set the theme. Below are a few eye-catching items to incorporate in your shower theme.
- · Tea parties say Victorian; so adorn your tables for formal dining with your finest china, dainty dollies and tablecloth. This will reveal a lovely setting for those delectable baby shower finger foods and cupcakes.
- No table setting is without a lovely centerpiece; an arrangement of fresh cut flowers set in a floral teapot will keep the theme cohesive.
- Place small decorative glass bowls or x-large wine glasses about, fill with water, place a floating candle and a few flower pedals inside. These can be arranged together or around the garden. If your tea party flows into the evening hours they will provide a soft glow.
- Don’t forget your chairs, adorning them with lace and wide ribbon tied in a bow, pinned with a mix of fresh flowers and twigs will give that sophisticated feel.
- Hang several delicately white laced parasols about with flowing tied satin bows.
Flavor able Tea Favors
No baby shower is without favors; keeping within your theme one of your gift items can be tea packets, which have become quite popular with baby showers. You can place them in personalized packages you make yourself. Embellish each packet with all sorts of crafty accents such as beads or baby buttons. Complete it with a baby shower saying for your honored guests.
Another way to present your tea favors is to decorate recycled jars. Pick those with a creative shape. Adorn with lace dollies around surface with paste glue, tie ribbon of baby shower colors at neck and accent with large rhinestones. Fill with any delectable candy favors and top with several specialty tea packets. These reusable and adorable jars will be a hit and fit well with your tea party theme. If you are not the creative sort, purchase single teacup sets with your favorite tea flavor packet added. These will make for a wonderful and memorable take home gifts for your guests.
Lavishly dressed for the occasion with vintage hat, gloves and adorned with white pearls or grandma’s brooch you set the stage for a delicate part of history that continues to this day.
About the Author: Theresa Ritter is a writer and publisher of DIY planning, ideas and tips for baby showers. She likes to create unique art and crafts and enjoys photography and gardening. Her quite moments are spent with family and her two constant K-9 companions.